Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22 Learn About Audiobooks

This is an area in which I have little to no experience, mainly because my bad eyes and my microscopic attention span keep me from downloading materials from Overdrive for my own use . . . however, I was glad to look at the tutorial so I can use it with patrons - since we're getting a combined info desk soon, odds are someone will ask me at some point how it works! I found the title selection on Overdrive interesting . . . lots of classics and romances, a fair amount of children's material, a ton of mysteries, almost no graphic novels. It makes me wonder what the demographics are of people who are using the service and, for example, if there were more graphic novels, would more teens use it? It seems simple enough to use, set up almost like shopping websites, but I wonder how many patrons know it is available to them?

No comments: