Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Week 5 Thing 11 Library Thing

Ooh, another toy I like - yay for the play week! I have a rather extensive library at home - pretty soon I'm going to need to buy more bookshelves - so this would be fantastic for me! I tried out the Book Suggester, and sure enough, it returned many books that I enjoyed, and not all of them were in the same genre as the title I entered, so it seemed to work pretty well. Sadly, I couldn't get the Book Unsuggester to work! Here's my catalog, and I guarantee that it will be growing as soon as I have time at home to sit down with the laptop in front of the bookshelves! I can definitely see the potential for this as a reader's advisory tool - we could even set patrons up with it themselves, or share our personal libraries with people who ask "Have you read anything good lately?" I've even read about some small libraries who use Library Thing for their computer catalogs, so it definitely has uses in the library.

No comments: