Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 1 Thing 2

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Effective Lifelong Learners:
Begin with end goal in mind - specificity
Accept responsibility for your own learning
View problems as challenges
Have confidence in yourself as a confident, effective learner
Create your own learning toolbox
Use technology to your advantage
Teach/mentor others
Play!

How curious that one can be a lifelong learner without really thinking about it - I think I do a lot of these things already! Probably the easiest habit for me is viewing problems as challenges, because I'm a rather competitive person, even when I'm competing against circumstances instead of people. If things crop up that make my project more difficult to complete, I tend to hunker down and work harder so I can say "Hah!" at the end of it.

The most difficult habit for me is beginning with a specific goal. I'm great at developing plans, but it's sometimes hard for me to focus in on the details that define the goal enough to make a really good plan. As a result, I sometimes get frustrated with trying to follow through.

No comments: